Thursday, April 30, 2009

on the edge - the time has come


You never know how these things are going to last! I certaintly didn't imagine that when I created "All Or Nothing" in 2001 that I would still be writing the stories of these characters almost eight years later but low-and-behold here we are! I want to scream it from the proverbial rooftops..."ALL OR NOTHING IS BACK!!"

When I last left the characters in 2006 they were much like me at a turning point in all of their lives...those stories will be rehashed over time, but it was always like something wasn't completed for me in terms of these people. I created "AON" back in 2001 because I lacked something that I think a lot of writers do...I was an awkward kid living in a world that I thought was quite frankly a little screwed up. I thought I wanted to create a world in which I could escape and in that world I wanted to create people that I knew in my own life, create people that I could be friends with and create people who I hated and then do bad, bad things to them...Clarissa Bryant anyone, remember she was murdered! I'm kidding!

But, the more that I got to know these people...Brandi, Nicholas, Justin, Bradley...the more I started resenting them for being around and I got tired of seeing them until one day early this year when I was pushed by something to sit down at the computer and go to work. Before I knew it I had a 12 page outline of a story that will show the writers in daytime that just because you're over the age of 65 (gasp!) you can still drive the story and be a leading lady or gentlemen in this genre! And it was even the writing that allowed me freedom it was the creating of what I hope readers and fans will find to be a beautifuly new website...one that is done with class and taste in mind. There is so much in store for the people of River's Edge that readers truly have no idea what this journey is about to do for not only me as a writer but to the characters that the came to love in 2001. I've stayed true to who they were then and who they will become now. Also, thanks in part to the storytelling of "Lost" a show that we didn't have eight years ago the flashbacks will play into the story like never before for "AON" and in a style rarely seen in the daytime genre. I truly believe that there are more talented writers out in the Internet web-waves writing original stories or writing fan-fics to their favorite soap opera that could do it so much better than those getting paid so much money to do so, if only someone would take note and soon!

In closing I hope that you stop by and visit the AON webpage and leave comments here. Until next time enjoy the view from the edge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment